Keith started as an Electrical Fitter / Mechanic Apprenticeship with Halmac – Edington in 1986 working with their Contracting / Construction Division. He was awarded Halmac’s BEST 2nd, 3rd and 4th year “Apprentice of the year”. Since completing his time, he worked for some major projects, Commercial, Industrial, Domestic, petrochemical with various employers. Keith has also been a Union Delegate on a number of projects and in 1999 he became a Union Official with the Electrical Trades Union.
His role with the Union included being an Organiser responsible for Coordinating the Electrical Contracting / Construction Division, Lift Industry as well at Coca-Cola at Richlands.
Some of Keith’s successes include:
- Involved in a number of Contracting Industry campaigns to achieve the 36 hour week.
- Highest paid trade rates for electrical workers, income protection and enhanced wages and conditions for members.
- His role with the Union ensures the strategic direction of the Union.
He currently representing the rights of workers on the following:
- Director Contracting Industry Redundancy Trust Board (CIRTQ)
- Committee Member Qld Government Electrical Licensing Committee
- Board Member Qld Government Electrical Safety Board
- Committee Member Commonwealth Government’s Occupational
- Licensing Advisory Committee
- Executive Member – Queensland Council of Unions.