Health and Safety Representative Course
About this course
This course will provide participants with information and skills that will assist HSRs to carry
out their role and functions under the WHS legislation including:
- an understanding of the work health and safety (WHS) legislation
- an understanding of how it applies to their role as elected HSRs and deputy HSRs; and
- the knowledge and skills necessary to use their additional powers under the WHS legislation to issue PINs and direct that unsafe work cease.
The course is intended to assist HSRs in understanding their roles and functions and how the
WHS legislation will influence health and safety outcomes in their workplace. The course aims
to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfil their role as HSRs.
Participants will receive a Workplace Health and Safety Queensland, Health and Safety
Representative Training Course certificate. This certificate is issued by Electrogroup Training
Qld RTO # 30185 as a Queensland Government approved training provider.
Persons eligible for WHSQ HSR Training are HSRs or deputy HSRs elected under the WHS Act.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide 100 points of ID
- Must attend all 5 days
- Must be HSRs or deputy HSRs elected under the WHS Act.
Please refer to Section 72 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Commonwealth) for
PCBU’s obligations to train HSRs. Electrogroup Training Queensland is a QLD Government
approved training provider